Friday, May 23, 2008

End of Year 2.

Went for Commencement today - took a few photos and then the battery went flat because I forgot to charge it the night before. Now I have to wait for my friends to upload their photos...

Whenever we have these ceremonies people will always throw their caps if they happen to have them. When I passed out from BMT in Tekong part of the ceremony consisted of throwing our jockey caps into the air. The OCS guys too. There isn't anything for us to throw when I passed out from both my level 1 and 2 medic courses.

Commencement is not an exception - and my friends made me throw the commencement programme when they wanted to take a photo of them throwing their caps with me :P Haha so, that was the end of my sophomore year.

This year was so much more meaningful compared to my freshman year. I did so much more stuff on campus and took a lot more interesting classes - to an extent that, for my spring semester, I can hardly be free before 10pm during the weekdays.

And it's not as if I travel a lot less - just a bit less :P

Well, surely it does keep me off MSN a lot - though there are still a lot of other sources of distraction, such as youtube, wikipedia, zaobao, yahoo! answer etc. I can watch different people quarrel on the MTR and people acting weird on buses for 2 hours at one go on youtube.

Basically I really have wasted my freshman year. I should have come out and be just a bit more pro-active and more adventurous with my classes, and I would have enjoyed it so much more. Probably it helps too as I managed to get something that bugged me hard out of my mind, so that I can fill it up with the history of p53 and more signalling pathways and an EFR qualification among more important stuff.

Now, whenever people mention something along the line of 'it's time for us to go find a girlfriend', my reaction would be:

'I will wait for her to fall from the sky.' Just like Stardust.

When they follow this comment up with - 'Don't you think guys should be more pro-active?' My reaction would be:

'When I see her fall from the sky I'll go pick her up (i.e. I am not expecting her to walk towards me).' Just like Stardust.

I know God will guide me through this, and I know He has something set out for me. I have faith in Him and thus, I will follow.

I love my sophomore year. I think my junior year will be as awesome or even more awesome - I will be taking even more interesting classes and doing even more interesting stuff!

Off to Cambridge in 2 days - all set to go!

To US people who are still having exams - persevere! The end of the tunnel is VERY near!

To UK people who are just starting to have exams or have yet to have exams (or whatever you call them), 加油加油加油! Have faith - you can make it!

To SG people who are already doing grad trip in Taiwan HK Japan Malaysia etc and those who are doing electives in Uganda Taiwan Baltimore Edinburgh etc have a lot of fun and take a lot of photos! :)

Labels: