Friday, May 16, 2008

Done!

Yup all is done for the semester! Wrapped up all my work, packed my room, and even packed my stuff in the lab already :P

Writing this at Dulles Airport, waiting for my flight to start checking in. I am going to Yellowstone National Park for a week with Songyu, and let's see how many bears we will encounter. Victoria said that she was there for 2 days and she met 8 bears. Some other people told me that bears are a rarity... hmms. And I was told that we definite should go hiking in the park so that we can reach some geyser fields that are really hidden. Hahaha I'll see! Maybe we might even see meteors!



It is just that, when Baltimore is at high 70s, Yellowstone is still at 30s and 40s... Oh well.

Work hasn't been that great. Didn't manage to get the grant that I applied to; so now I am thinking I should meet my PI before I go to Cambridge to discuss what I can do again... The school doesn't seem to provide a lot of opportunities for undergrads doing what I am doing (i.e. I don't know what other grants I can apply to), so might need to scale down my project :P

And I got my first A- :D I was more happy than sad because now I am no longer under any pressure to keep a 4.00! I calculated; even though I can potentially get A/A+es for all my other classes my cumulative GPA will still remain at 3.984, which under no circumstance they'll round it up to put me in the CHL.

Which is good, I mean, what's the point of maintaining a 4.00 when there are better and more fun things for me to do? If I were to maintain a 4.00, judging by my class schedule and plans for the next semester, I will die of exhaustion 3 weeks into the semester. I will definitely have to slack off for a class or two :P I guess, as long as I can maintain a 3.90, it should be pretty decent...

Oh and need to study for GRE over the summer too. If I can get my graduate school application done next year, that would be the best! I will get the full 14 days of leave all for myself! And I will go back to Singapore knowing that I have a place to go to! Though it is just that not all schools allow deferment I think (why am I always asking for deferment because of the Singapore government...)...

And hopefully SICS will still take in one-year staff who hold B.S.es. Should start talking to people from A*Star again when next semester starts.

Okay! More photos to come!

Labels: ,