Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yellowstone #3


Haha this trip is genuinely amazing! We can't have been more lucky with everything :P

The bears are part of it -




(note the huge group of HK tourists who were talking and talking in the background destroying the tranquility... they are more interesting than the bears.)

Then the bald eagle and the coyote and the bear that almost knocked us off the road...

The springs with brilliant colours...

The meadows with the meandering rivers and bisons...

Snowfield with a lone bear on it...

The amazing sunset and moonrise by the river...

Places with scenery like that in Stardust the movie (which I loved)...

Places which reminded me of Switzerland...

Places which prompted us to keep singing 'Home on the Range'...

Surprisingly delicious bison meat...

Cheap and nice buffet lunch...

Terrific weather...

Amazing company...

And lastly, the miraculous connection at St Louis (10 minutes - due to an initial 2-hour delay) and the even more surprising appearance of my checked bag at BWI. (See? Southwest is the BEST domestic airline in the US. No doubt about it. I bet if it were UA I will have to get them to send the bag to Cambridge for me.)

This Yellowstone trip is just simply amazing. I have never appreciated a trip so much.

This is a good start for the summer! :)

Labels: