Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fighting a losing battle...

Year-end syndrome.

Yi Chung says that we are all burnt out. I agree... Working at extremely low efficiency (exam tomorrow and haven't really studied, paper due tomorrow and haven't finished writing), sleeping 7 hours everyday and still feeling tired, all I can think of are stuff that are outside of schoolwork.

Nadia is right. When compared to studying, even folding laundry becomes more interesting.

The accommodation situation in Cambridge is getting more and more frustrating and scary also, and it is stressing me out which is not good.

Khian Hong, Chen Li and I have been sending numerous emails out and calling whoever we think are worth calling. Until now we still do not have a positive response. There is a landlord who really wanted to rent his flat to us, but he promised a group of Finnish students first. Then there is this agent who had available properties on hand, but the landlord of the property insisted that his tenants see the place before he rents it out (?!), and since I do not have Doraemon with me I can't make that happen. So it blew.

(Well if I have Doraemon with me I don't even have to worry about accommodation...)

We are not even asking for prime property like it has to be next to Sainsbury's or Grafton or within walking distance from Addenbrookes. That second place we were talking about is 7.5 miles from Addenbrookes and will take us 30 minutes by bus to get to work. I think they are simply forcing us to all live in Newmarket or Cherry Hinton and then get a car to drive to work.

This is NOT a very good first impression.

Sigh now I really appreciate Baltimore and Hopkins. At least the Hopkins housing office is more useful and at least there is a free + reliable shuttle that runs between Homewood and East Baltimore campuses. If I were to take bus to work in Cambridge I have to pay 38 pounds to get a season ticket for 4 weeks.

Well, to be fair, that might be because I know Baltimore so much better.

This is a losing battle that I am fighting. Well, the worst case scenerio would be, argh I don't know what that would be. I don't want to think about it.

Added 2:12am: The bible always surprises - no matter which random page I am on :P

1 Corinthians 14:15
'So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.[..]'

Labels: