Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Miracles.

Believe in miracles - miracles will come.

Though there is a small catch.

God helps those who help themselves.

It is not in the Bible. Nope. But it was taught to me by a Sister when I was still really small and it stuck with me ever since.

Then there is this story that my mum loves to tell (I have heard that at least 2 - 3 times from her - she always repeat stories :P) about a person stranded on a rooftop in a flood, praying to God to send angels to save him.

He died still - because he didn't realise that the fireman and the soldier that came were the angels that God sent. God helped him but he didn't help himself.

It might not be consistent with Christian teachings - I definitely don't know enough (or, who am I to say anything). But, in my humble opinion, there is a big problem if people expect God to do everything for them without practical input from them. A sinner who keeps sinning and shows no remorse would still go to hell? At least this is what I believe to be right?

Digressed. There have been little miracles happening... here and there. I, am, truly, grateful :)

Labels: ,