Tuesday, December 11, 2007

In the midst of all craziness.

Just cleared 2 exams + 1 report yesterday. 2 more exams and 1 more paper to go. By Friday.

Haha anyway from Facebook group:

香港出世,星洲長大……究竟我地係香港d定係新加坡d?

I think I belong to the 新加坡d kind at this point. Kind of miss Siglap more than Mongkok :P Singaporean Chinese is becoming my second mother tongue - and I don't blog like how HKers blog too :P

HK is a damn fun place to be in - just that I don't see myself living there in the near future - but I will definitely visit very often. And Cantonese is a damn fun and colourful language to use (I need to renew my Cantonese vocab - depend on you liao sushi :P)... I guess Cantonese/Singaporean Chinese are still the two that I feel the most comfortable with. Getting very used to English too, haha though I think standard Chinese is the worst :P

Hahaha Songyu continue to 加油!

Oh Siglap. Uniquely Singapore actually features Siglap, and says the following:

It is also sometimes called the Holland Village of the East, although Easterners will set you straight and have you know Siglap is peerless.

Haha of course la. Siglap feels way more local with good local eateries (NO crystal jade :P), is smaller with less tourists, things are cheaper, NOT surrounded by HDBs, NOT surrounded by circle line construction, and Siglap/Katong has a rich history dating back to the colonial era! The Siglap/Katong kopi/kaya toast/confectionaries/roadside laksa relaxed kind of culture is unique to the East. Of course it helps when your school's school song has the lines 亭亭樹影, 習習海風 in it and when your friend's family runs a kopidiam with a branch in Siglap :P

And the Cheesecake Cafe there is just awesome. The cheesecake is alright (Cheesecake Factory standard :P) but the ambience is really good. They have nice huge sofas with large pillows to hug when you go in with a group - or if you are lucky :D

The East is just nice! Other than Katong/Siglap we have East Coast Park, Changi Beach, Pasir Ris, Pulau Ubin, Airport (go to Changi Coast and watch planes fly!) and recently they just linked up all the parks in the East by park connectors. Food-wise, as far as I know, there are still Bedok Corner, Simpang Bedok, Bedok Int., Fengshan 85, Old Airport Road, Geylang, Changi Village, East Coast Seafood Centre, etc with awesome food. The only things not nice are probably just Pulau Tekong and the army camps.

10 more days and I'll be back for holiday! :D

Labels: