Saturday, September 08, 2007

Back in Baltimore.

Got back to the Greatest City of America (so the slogan on the bus stop benches claims). Have been running around quite a bit...

Spent my first night scrubbing and cleaning and throwing away trash. No one bothered to clean up my place before I moved in so there was rotting food in the fridge and ibuprofen and isopropyl alcohol left on the coffee table which I have to process. Then moved everything back from Zx and Laura's place... took Yi Chung and me the whole morning.

Then GCS drove his car all the way down from Chicago to Baltimore to pass it to me. Have been playing with it and doing admin for it for some time. There is something I have to do to make it better (especially the locks - it locks but it can't be opened sometimes) but in general it is a pretty good car in pretty good condition. Good enough for a car in which I only have to pay for registration, insurance, parking, and maintainance (haha see what is missing :P)...

I won't have proper classes until Monday, so today I was down in Mt. Washington to attend a retreat organised by the pathobiology graduate programme in the medical school. It is a great way to be inspired again :D very exciting research topics are being pursued in Hopkins. And it is great catching up with the rest - haha will start work next Tuesday.

Realised also that the pathobiology programme is flooded with Singaporeans... I think there are 7 at least, out of ~40 students?! We certainly have a presence in this field, as far as I know...

Oh photos of my room and apartment. I will post them next week, because seriously my room is still in a terrible mess because GCS's stuff (A LOT) are still there. I will need to spend some time clearing it up when he's gone... Haha good luck with his NS back in Singapore :D

Labels: