Saturday, August 25, 2007

Stuff.

DHS: It is extremely strange to see our school logo being plucked and placed in front of the old RJ gate. Told some white lies about GCS (or rather, the partial truth). Got invited back to talk about Hopkins (or the US in general? no idea) next year. Not too bad.

Textbooks: Everything bought and nicely wrapped :)

Attachment: Completed. Done wth presentation, done with appraisal, had a nice farewell lunch with my lab, and the climax was the very nice barbecue with wine and pecan pie served by hotel chefs at the poolside of some condo on Grange Road after the IMB symposium.

Chek Jawa: Rained again, and I estimated the tide wrongly. It was fun nevertheless, despite my zero accident record being broken :( Photos will follow; check out my photo blog in about a week.

Books: Too many of them. I have been trying my best to finish reading them, but, being me, I continue to keep buying them as long as I enter a bookstore (which I have been entering too frequently recently). As a result, I am going to bring some of them back to the states... Argh. Can't bear leaving them in Singapore to collect dust.

Hong Kong: Eating a bit too much. Basically these few days my sole purpose of existence is eating and entertaining both close and not-at-all-close relatives. Though it would be better tomorrow because will be going to Sai Kung to eat seafood with GCS. I have been trying to make up for it by walking up to MacDonnell Road from either Central or Admirlty every night :P

Shenzhen: It is actually quite nice, surprisingly. Nicer than HK. And Bilin is a great host! :D Of course, bought more books and CDs. Argh.

Labels: , ,