Sunday, September 02, 2007

Going Back.

Will be going back to Baltimore in around 22 hours.

I am not exactly looking forward to it because I know that the 8 months I have ahead of me is going to be really busy. Sophomore year is almost always the hell year.

That's alright though. It is kind of expected. There are nice things lining up ahead as well; lab, car, South America, hiking, Europe. Though there will be a lot of coursework too: genetics, developmental biology/lab, molecular biology, immunology, seminar courses (3 in total for next sem!), and history of science coursework.

Seminar courses will be fulfilling - but usually workload will be high. Imagine reports every week and term papers and some may even have mid-terms and finals.

I hope I can make it. Aim high: maintain 4.0 with A+es! Then maybe I can get a 3.8 :P

And I seriously need to get out of the hole - i.e. my room. MSNing too much is not healthy. I'll see what I can do. Hiking - rock wall - first aid course (I'll just learn from scratch again I guess) etc. And and, should go to the gym more often.

Argh and this year, family-wise, is not better than last year. Last year my sister is still around; this year my sister is in HK undergoing sushi transformation. Parents are not in a very good state of mind - when both of us are away, the house will be much quieter, and this without-us-to-talk-to state combined with empty rooms are indeed depressing.

Last year I wasn't so worried, because my sister is around to take care of things. This year no one will be around to make sure that my mum won't overexert herself with work (or random things which she insists in doing) or to defuse when mum and dad are upset. After I leave all I can do is to maintain a constant communication stream between them and me so that I can check on them and they can find me when needed, and vice versa.

That sushi can also be a potential source of problems - HK transforms people. She is among a whole bunch of various relatives as well. She can be trusted to a large extent, but I am not entirely convinced that she will not screw herself up. I.e. need to check her out every now and then as well.

C'est la vie, isn't it? I can't be around all the time. Doesn't make sense to come back too often either (30-hour flight!). Things have to be let alone, like mum and dad letting me venture out.

My parents are doing well, my sister is doing well, I am doing well - I am very very grateful for that. Please let things remain this way?

Labels: