Sunday, August 26, 2007

More Stuff.

Can't escape AR attacks in HK at all, because of all the pollution and dust in the air-conditioners and everything, made worse by the endless burning everywhere because of the seventh month. Started eating antihistamine yesterday, and it made me very tired and grumpy when I was supposed to meet GCS and his friends for seafood in Sai Kung. Though I bet he didn't notice it because I, hmms, had to be civil no matter how screwed I feel right. It was his last day in HK after all, I am the so called 'host', and it's supposed to be a fun time... Screw the antihistamine.

The trip turned out great. He liked the seafood, and I made him pay for it. Nearly S$300 :P

Me, GCS, Jian Wei, Lei, and lobster.
Picking seafood. Have to have mum with me to give me advice while I translate everything to a language GCS understands :P He can, er, call me while I was on the MTR and ask me to talk to the taxi driver because the guy cannot speak English. I was the centre of attention on that carriage for some time (it is like, I have to almost shout into the phone?!).
Spot the starfish!

Though again, I had a bad AR attack this morning, triggered by the age-old fibrous mattress my uncle has in his house. Had puffy eyes and extremely runny nose for the whole morning despite antihistamine... Argh it's terrible. I am sleeping on the sofa in the living room tonight. No way I'm lying on that bed again.

Oh, by the way, the computer and electronics stuff in HK are really cheap comparatively. I think I will be getting my next laptop here. And, Canon IXUS-950 IS costs S$530 only... I was telling my dad, I should have waited for a year. Last year, my IXUS-800 IS costs S$600 and it was considered cheap already. I'll see what will happen 2 years later!

And got a 5-CD Classic Disney box set for US$20 from Amazon. It is unbelievably cheap; I just have to buy it. Realised also that Amazon has this funny way of highlighting categories of books which might be of interest to you... Once I log on there will be a list of categories displayed under 'recommedations' and they will be in all kinds of different font sizes. The biggest ones for me are 'Medicine', 'Nonfiction' and 'Professional' :P I should go order some fantasy science fiction from them to balance it out a little bit :P

Labels: