Thursday, July 26, 2007

Coincidence.

My mum tried to warn me again today regarding my blog. She says that there is definitely someone from the government reading it.

If you remember, a few days ago I wrote something about my sister falling into the drain outside my house. Hmms, to our amazement, the exact part of the drain which my sister fell into was being covered yesterday and to prevent further accidents there is even a barricade constructed in front of the parts which are not covered.

My mum insisted that it has to be because of my post. Well, I would rather believe that some stalker who is a white horse is trying to stalk my sister because she even posted a photo of her wound on her blog. Anyway, I don't think I am that important to anyone. It has to be because of my sister.
_____________________________________________________
Anyway, went back to Hwa Chong yesterday with A*Star. Managed to meet 2 teachers (only). Hmms will go back once more on the 16th with Hopkins...

Haha when I walked pass the band room, I had a very strong urge to try to open the door using the lock combination we had 4 years ago. I didn't try in the end, but I am pretty confident the door will still open with that combination because the lock looked exactly the same :D

I was arrowed by Hazel on the spot (and the rest, grr) to give a short speech on, hmms, why I decided to join A*Star. Hmms, I don't think fast, and hence it was bad as usual. Though the point is, it is really scary how time flies... I can still remember sitting there listening to seniors talking about their experiences during our scholarship day and asking them stupid questions, and now I am the one telling them my experiences and giving stupid answers. Where will I be 4 years later? :P

The other day we were trying to remember and sing all the Hwa Chong songs we had. We used to sing them whenever there are occasions; e.g. Orientation, CNY, MAF, etc... together with the mass dances (which I never knew how to do no matter how hard I try) they are collective memories of that we all have. Quite uniquely ours I think? Haha which other JC in Singapore will sing Chinese songs and celebrate MAF?

The one I like most is this one, written by 梁文福 in 1981. You know, the same guy that wrote songs like 细水长流... If you are a Singaporean, and you are a Chinese, you ought to know him. Haha so here goes:

《唱一首华初的歌》
梁文福

我要唱一首华初的歌
一首动人的歌
唱出我们的希望
唱出我们的奔放

我要唱一首华初的歌
一首美丽的歌
这里有球场上的笑语
那里是虎豹楼的书声

黄城哟 我们的黄城
永远矗立 坚定不移

华初哟 我们的华初(华初、华初)
肩负重任 百年树人

我要唱一首华初的歌
一首永远的歌
唱出我们的光明前程
唱出华初的精神!

The song will mean much more if I am part of 黄城夜韵 but it doesn't matter as long as I am from Hwa Chong haha :P

Labels: