Thursday, July 12, 2007

Random Thoughts.

This world is indeed very complicated. Weird things happen all the time.

We cannot escape from it; we have to survive it. No use trying to evade nor is any form of protection going to last forever.

Though, there is one thing we can do. We can try to keep it as simple as possible by trying our best not to contribute to the mess.

How? Simple. When a problem comes, solve it. When someone needs you, be there.

Don't do weird things to yourself and others. Don't gossip. Don't try to seek power. Stay out of other people's business unless absolutely necessary. Don't take other people's comments too personally.

Understand people. Compromise. Think before you act.

And, believe.

Made a substantial error once; first of its kind to this degree. Violated the third clause because I didn't follow the sixth, eighth and the tenth clauses close enough.

Can't say that the error has made me smarter... Still, I believe in just doing whatever that I think is right. Though now I am obliged to think harder and deeper into anything before deciding what is meant by 'right', in order to keep the world as simple as possible.

It is stupid to make the same mistake twice. And it is even more stupid when you see someone making that mistake and you followed. At least I tried to redeem myself by not reacting in the same way as the first, by being naturally more chilled :P

It is so much easier when it comes to my professional pursuits. I guess the best way to handle this is still, hmms, try to keep the world in general as simple as possible. Argh it is really hard to calculate this kind of risks...

Now it's just weird. Excellent. Price to pay for making errors to make the world more complicated. And I can't stop other people from having to pay this kind of price either. So even more weird.

That's why, as the last clause says, believe. God knows what is best for us. Everything happens for a reason; He is telling us something. I am trying hard to understand it and in order to adjust myself.

So that I won't make the same mistake again.

By the way, realised that if I were to maintain my lifestyle in America here it really is going to cost. 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream costs $18.50 at NTUC when they are having offers. PF Milano costs $5.20 per pack, and PF cookies $5.66 (Cold Storage). Fresh milk (those from the fridge) costs $4.20 half-gallon from NTUC. Have not checked the exact prices for Subway, white eggs, cereal, Campbell Chunky/Select (which I normally buy by half-dozens at least).

Haha it might be fun to go shopping here with a shopping list meant for grocery shopping in America. I won't be surprised if I have to pay >$100... judging by the way I buy PF cookies from Walmart, if I were to do the same here, just PF cookies will costs me $34.

Goodness. That is 17 plates of chicken rice :P

Labels: