Friday, July 13, 2007

MD.

Found the schedule for Hopkins's MD programme. Essentially quite insane...

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/
students/academics/catalog06/MCAT8.pdf


Anyway, heard that if we were to do our MD-PhD with Duke/NUS there will be another 5 years of bond with MOH. It is rather unthinkable that this bond can run concurrently with A*Star's, and 11 years of bond is ridiculous. So I have to rethink my MD-PhD plot again.

Oh well. So now my choices are:
1. Take a gamble. Declare myself a pre-med, do all the requirements (which means I will have even more work), take MCAT, and apply for MD-PhD programmes all over the US.

Problem: Funding (I need to be EXTREMELY GOOD for the next 2 years in order to make this a non-issue). And A*Star.

Incentive: I'll be totally American trained! Which will be an asset, definitely :D

2. Don't care. Go to the UK to do my PhD, and then spend 2 years in the US as a post-doc.

Problem: surely no problem. Although this is still a very good option but I will somehow feel that I am settling for something secondary...

Incentive: Likely that my career will progress faster, provided that I perform reasonably well.

3. Continue to take my time to think and then eventually decide to go to the GMS and get bonded for 11 years.

Problem: too ridiculous. Don't think I'll be able to convince myself that I have made a good decision.

Incentive: Will be able to restart eating my mum's food after school.

Argh so how? Should I gamble? If I were to do it, it will really be hell for me the next two years. Though if it works out it's going to be extremely rewarding.

Hahaha I think I have to talk to my parents. They always have good advice :D

14/7/07, 1630: I have decided what to do. Yayy clear target ahead, all I need to do now is work towards it and hope for the best! :)

Labels: