Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dad.

It is very nice to have my dad coming to visit :)

For the first time in 8 months, there is hot food waiting for me on the table when I got back from classes today! Though the usual nagging ensued (like complaining that my knife is not sharp enough) it is still a very nice feeling... The feeling of being pampered and not having to do everything myself :P

Brought him down to Obrycki's to eat crabs and crab cake. It is my first time there, and I am glad that he liked it :D we had 6 crabs altogether, and again, for the first time in 8 months, I don't have to pay for the meal because someone I am close to is paying for me.

I don't really mind missing Singapore Day actually. I could have dragged my dad along, but to me it makes no sense to put him on a 4-hour one-way journey to NYC just to eat chicken rice. And for sure, I won't be attending those satellite events like the SIF tea and the post-event party if my dad comes along...

He doesn't mind missing it either. So on Sunday we'll go to DC instead...

Though Singapore Day looks really really fun... haha never mind I guess, I will be home in exactly 9 weeks :)
_____________________________________________________

Anyway, this guy has some interesting perspectives on women:
On Female Mediocrity

I don't completely agree with him because I think that he is over-stereotyping and he failed to acknowledge that there are a lot of males who fall out of his general assumptions (me included; I don't have a hobby which I am genuinely passionate about, and my life largely revolves around home, family, friends, school and career too). Nevertheless, to me, females who are overly conscious of their outlook are insecure and lack self-confidence. I do not see the merit of sitting in front of the mirror for half an hour everyday before lecture; I would rather you sleep through the half an hour.

Girls do not need to be pretty to be attractive. Christmas trees are pretty but certainly they are not attractive. What makes a girl attractive is not how she looks but who she is. How I hope everyone agrees with me on that :P

(If you understood me as saying 'pretty girls are not attractive', I suggest that you take a course next semester called 'Introduction to Common Sense and Simple Logic'.)

Anyway, being objectively pretty is certainly not a blessing because these girls tend to attract a lot of random guys who are, well, random. Though, subjective beauty depends on a lot of factors, so discussion on that will lead nowhere.

Of course, you don't have to agree with me, but don't try to use a reciprocal argument (e.g. it's men's expectations that made us like that!) or a sociological argument (e.g. beauty is an important factor in women's success) to rebut. Both arguments are inherently fraud because the first help to emphasise my point, and there are countless examples that speak against the second :)

Labels: ,