Thursday, December 28, 2006

Perceptions.

1.
From Campton, NH: Never have I, in my whole life, seen meteors together with so many stars. It is only then I realised how these miracles brought about such wonderful theories of creation and great stories that still strike us with awe. I wonder how spectacular the night sky used to be when light pollution was still a non-existent concept. It would be alive, really alive...

2.
From Sunday River, ME: Skiing is tiring, especially for me, who has zero athletic talent. Still fell like >10 times for the whole day despite half a day of lessons the day before and perfect (I suppose)mastery of skills on the learner slope. My mum made me feel so useless when she told me that my sis fell only once into a ditch when they were skiing in Korea. Well, the truth is, they skiied only for 3 hours, on the learner slope, and they didn't even use the ski lift, as what my sis told me.

But it was fun and exciting. More to come... (Alps!)

3.
From Cambridge, MA: Walking down the streets of Cambridge gives me the motivation to work hard... just imagine how great it would be working inside one of those buildings. I am telling myself to finish reading through JHMI Cancer Centre's lab listing by tonight. Yup, it's time to send emails out...

4.
From Boston, MA: As directed by mum, I really enjoyed my time with my relatives in Boston. Suddenly felt so pampered again... with food waiting all the time whenever I go back, and there were even 2 huge lobsters one night. What I contributed were merely 2 bottles of XO sauce and probably some company?

Boston's Chinatown is wonderful. Like Chicago, it makes me feel like I have gone home. Good food, restaurants, and supermarkets. Definitely better than New York's: less crowded, more compact, and definitely no marketplaces selling cheap goods and pirated DVDs. NYC's Chinatown is too Bangkok-like.

5.
From Providence, RI: Very pretty city; the first impression I had when I stepped out of the train station was Providence = Triberg. Though I kind of stayed in Gerald/Ding Ding's room the whole afternoon talking crap, it was a worthwhile trip; since Gerald decided to stay in school to work over winter break...

6.
From New York, NY: Baltimore is not a city. Singapore is not the city. This is THE city...