Tuesday, December 12, 2006

GCS in Baltimore #1

(In the background) Mussels; (Foreground) Crab Cake :)




So, when I was struggling hard between my obligation to study and my unwillingness to study, GCS came and stayed with me to further enhance my unwillingness to study. He came on Saturday, after experiencing first hand the extreme inefficiency of Baltimore's transportation system, and has been sleeping on the floor in my room ever since.

Didn't do anything with him on Sat, as there is really a need to study (I just had a biochem paper, which I believe I have blown 6 points already because I mixed up the 2 and 4 positions of cytosine, and conveniently replaced Crick's contribution (Central Dogma) with some made-up crap). Though on Sunday, after studying the whole morning and half the afternoon, I went with him to Inner Habour and Fell's Point (to get him to understand the inefficiency of Baltimore's transportation system better) to walk around and eat mussels.

Berthas (the place in Baltimore famous for its mussels) was pretty good; good ambience, interesting mussels (which had some strange hair-like outgrowth trapping its prey which freaked GCS out quite a bit, and don't worry, I guarantee you that they are all fully cooked), and very very nice crab cakes. Although expensive, but the crab cakes are definitely worth a try.

60% of my finals are done! Left with one essay and the organic chem finals next Monday. Later we will be going downtown to eat dim sum (with Yiran, Yi Chung and Grace), and I will try to finish my essay tonight so that tomorrow I can go down to DC with him.

Hmms. First time, holidaying, studying and taking exams at the same time. Beat that.


>>P.S.:
From Zaobao:
1. 政府也将在接下来两年里,把永久居民的住院津贴减少10个百分点,以进一步区别新加坡公民和永久居民所享有的待遇。
2. 随着李显龙总理日前宣布政府将区分公民、永久居民及外来人才在教育和医疗保健两大领域的津贴,属于永久居民学生的学费,未来势将与公民有所差异。
Good. Thanks for helping to chase my parents back to Hong Kong. Thanks for giving me less and less reasons to keep my parents in Singapore after my dad retires......