Sunday, October 15, 2006

Shopping.

Another effort to make myself feel more at home:

Well, went today to the Chinese grocery store again (obviously) with Teck Chuan and Chyan Ying. After all these shopping we ate dinner at this Chinese restaurant next door; their dim sum, rice and noodles are indeed quite good!

Although this is my second time there it is still amazing! We can't even get those pop-pan biscuits, coconut wafers, instant udon, coconut buns and shrimp paste in Singapore easily, and here they were hidden in the middle of an American city with no Chinatown waiting for me to bring them home... So, spent $40 in total!! (Well I didn't show everything here; only showed those that would give mum/dad the idea that NO I don't eat sandwiches everyday so there is no need to worry...)

I just realised they sell all kinds of soup ingredients too! Dried red dates, preserved dates, ginseng, dried cabbage (yes I found them!) etc etc. but I can't find those almond nuts. Didn't buy them back this time because I am not strong enough (rice and milo are heavy stuff you know...). Next time.