Saturday, September 30, 2006

After exams.

So the biochem paper is over! It wasn't as bad as I thought... But still, a lot of the questions are like, even though Yiran and me kept discussing and trying to find sources to support our answers, we couldn't get a definite conclusion whether our answers are right. So, hoping for the best again...

The reason why I am blogging now is because I came across this.

81. In Dunman High School, students carry out class projects in mixed groups comprising both GEP and non-GEP students. The students come together, help each other out, and complement each other in their strengths and weaknesses. During group work for oral presentation or script writing for Chinese Language, I am told the non-GEP students will help check and vet the work of the GEP students, as the non-GEP students are generally more proficient in the language.

I didn't make this up! Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said it: http://www.moe.gov.sg/speeches/2006/sp20060928.htm

If you can access ST Interactive, here is the original article:
High-ability pupils in non-gifted stream are stretched too; ST, 29 Sept 2006 (Fri)

Since my time we have been working rather closely with the GEPs in external competitions and projects. Anyway there isn't much difference in ability between the non-GEPs and GEPs, and certainly being a GEP doesn't mean much after secondary school.

And now MOE has given me another reason to be proud of being a non-GEP :D