Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend.

Did not do much this weekend... But I was quite happy because:

1. I completed my first essay! 10 pages, 3500+ words. Hoping well that my professor will bestow a good grade on me (but based on my track record in JC I'm not hoping much...)

2. Friday night went to Zhen Xin's place across the street to kind of 'party'. Since most of the people there are SIngaporeans (plus a few Chinese/Japanese Americans and Taiwanese) the 'party' is clearly not the very rowdy kind (though we still had music played rather loudly, all Chinese songs :D)... We brought our own food there, ate, drank, played games, sang karaokae, watched I Not Stupid 2, played cards, and in the end I went home really really late (~2:30am?) :P But it was fun! It was Friday night though, so it's ok :D But Yiran couldn't wake up the next day when I asked him to go to Giant with me...

3. Watched Pride and Prejudice! With English subtitles. It is a very nice show... It is more enjoyable if you have read the book before. Compared to the book the set-ups in the movie are very much abridged (so it gets a bit awkward at times), but I am very happy that they did not change anything that was inside the book! Pride and Prejudice's story is formed mainly by the dialogues between the characters, which very vividly displayed the personalities and feelings of every character. I liked those from Elizabeth, Mr. Bennet and Mr. Darcy the most... they can be so witty, apt, acrid and blatant, that I really respect the Jane Austen's talent. And the movie actually retained a lot of these original dialogues! I guess the scriptwriter admitted defeat to Jane Austen too... :)

4. And next weekend most likely I will be going to Six Flags. We are lucky that there is a park near Washington; and since some seniors are going and they are willing to let me join them so next Saturday I will be there! However that means I have to finish most of my work by Friday, if not Sunday would be another disgusting day... :|