Friday, November 21, 2008

Stress.

Waiting for something to finish incubating - everyone else has gone home.

Today is a mad day. I know that since yesterday - thus I slept at 10:30pm yesterday and woke up at 7:00am today. I definitely have to do that procedure today, because if I don't, it will mean a 3-week delay.

Sigh. It is not at all fun to lead a life with classes starting at 8:30/9 and ending at 1 everyday, and then you know you'll have stuff to do all the way till most of the time at least 7, and then you would still have some form of readings and/or homework and/or papers to do - in addition to that, I don't have anything in the fridge now that can be cooked quickly, I still have to find time to get food for Thanksgiving dinner - namely, I still have to run the household daily routine myself.

I left the house at 8am today. Other than the 10 or so minutes when I was back to keep cupcakes and to get rid of some disgusting trash, I have been outside working all along. After I am done with work in the lab, I will still have to go to Giant.

If not, I will have no breakfast tomorrow (I have to eat tomorrow morning - I need to stay up tonight, and food will become necessary at 4am), no milk to put into my coffee, and nothing else to drink other than tap water. The SSA will have no turkey for Thanksgiving.

This is when I really want to go home. When I am back, I know that however late I am home, there will be food on the table or in the fridge for me, whether or not I am free my parents will still go get groceries over the weekends, every morning when I wake up there will definitely be clean clothes for me to wear (and 95% of the time breakfast on the table), and most importantly, there will always be someone who loves me at home whenever I go back.

Whoever is reading this - it is not true that we have a medium/low level of stress constantly throughout the semester without stress peaks. That is NONSENSE.

We have high stress peaks at least once a week, and constant medium-stress throughout. You will understand when you are constantly under assessment - you will never want to mess up ANY one of them. Even if it is worth only 5%. When you have a couple of 5%-s, you will only have 10 hours to prepare for any, and the 10 hours means 10pm to 8am. It always ALWAYS happens to us.

I am not expecting people to understand. Haha I am feeling less stressed now compared to when I started. The timer beeped lol

Labels: