Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sushi.

Notice I made some changes to the Related Links column.

I changed 'HY Junior' to 'Sushi'. And I did the same thing for the shortcut in my browser.

I think this is the best nickname I have given her so far. Firstly, no one understands it except us. Secondly, it is easy to remember. Thirdly, it just comes out so naturally. And of course lastly, it describes her recent changes very well :D

Now even my dad is using it.

Hahaha it was just so funny. Before I came back to the US we were watching this video made by dad a year ago when they went to Korea (without me naturally - and they will be going to Osaka without me again soon). HY Junior at that time was so different: almost in all aspects, including how she dressed, how she spoke, how she acted, etc.

I just couldn't help making fun of her - that time she was 'cute', hence she can still be HY Junior. Now she just 'sushi' - or to be fair maybe a 30% sushi - so now I have no choice but to call her sushi.

It was just ONE YEAR. See how much she changed - Hong Kong seriously changes people. I guess even I cannot be immune to that if I ever move back.

It is not necessarily a bad thing. Somehow you have no choice. Even I changed - as I have recently posted. And we will continue to change.

Good luck for your upcoming semester! :)

Ah and I am still jet-lagged. Will be extremely tired by 8pm, will go and sleep, and then will wake up at 4am. I have to get over this soon.

(If you are interested to find out what 'sushi' means to us, walk around London and try to identify girls from HK. They dress and carry themselves in a particular way, and they speak Cantonese in a particular way as well. They occur at the highest density around the British Museum, Chinatown/Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square, and Oxford Street/Tottenham Court Road. My sushi is only probably 30% there.)

Labels: ,