Sunday, March 18, 2007

Phase 2 of Spring begins.

This spring break has not been exceptionally exciting. Well, other than going to New York, all I did was just got better at killing mice and doing all sorts of weird things to them, finished watching the first season of House, completed an anthropology paper, got my JHMI pass and cleared the admin, and received a comment 'the food at the Singapore embassy is not that fantastic; xiaoyang cooks better'. Oh well.

Anyway, my anthropology paper was quite crappy. There is no in depth analysis at all; basically all I did was quoting examples from all over the place (well try to link St. Joan of Arc, Falun Gong, Les Miserables, Tibet, and Islamic Terrorism together). The professor and TAs don't seem to need me to do any form of analysis in the previous papers, they are like more concerned about examples and their relevence, so I'll see what happens...

Haha and I realised that Gregory House is from Hopkins. Though he was expelled when he was in medical school because he copied exam answers from his friend, and quoting wikipedia, 'he is extremely bitter about it because the answers were wrong'. On the other hand, Hugh Laurie is from Cambridge. You can't tell that at all by watching the show; his accent is perfect :P

Ok, there it starts again. Well, 47 more days and I will be done for the year. Break for 4 months, and then there will be a 21-credits semester waiting for me, if I got the clearance and if in the end I still want to do that. This is Hopkins afterall...

Labels: