Tuesday, March 06, 2007

After Cell Bio.

a.
Well, this time, I guess should have at least 9 points gone. They ask questions like 'Which of the following three achievements are Nobel Prize worthy?' (completely meaningless mugging kind of question?), and usually I couldn't care less. So I am screwed :P

That is three points. The other six goes to a (or 2) confirmed wrong deduction(s) of the meaning of the word 'accumulate' (Where will membrane proteins accumulate if the cell is deprived of ubiquitin/has a dysfunctional proteasome? On first thought it seems to be endosome, but on further thinking lysosome seems to be more correct. Oh well.). And I just hope that my logical reasoning for the rest of the questions (pretty much all of them) is right.

These papers are really VERY VERY Hwa Chong Bio-like. Even if you can recite the textbook backwards, but if you don't listen/take notes in class, and cannot think during the exam, you'll still be screwed. Like there is one question on J.D.'s hypercholesterolemia... Not in the textbook, mentioned in class, I only have 1 sentence on it in my notes, but it made a 12-point question. Luckily Pubmed proved my deductions right.

b.
My Chicago photos are up! Check out my photo blog. Not a lot though, cos was too busy talking, laughing, eating, watching people, and cursing the weather. Haha feel free to steal them if you want :)

c.
Looks like I fall into the category of being tagged by foo cexiang. Anyway, it's fun to write about this, so here goes:

6 weird facts about myself:

1. I have a fetish for maps. When I was a kid I used to draw street directories on pieces of A4 paper, and I would make the pieces bigger using those 3M write-on clear tape. Now I have mapquest/google map/google earth :P

2. I am intrinsically unsociable. I can be seeing this person all the time during classes (incl. lab classes and sections) and lectures since last semester, and not talk to him/her at all for the entire time. And I can disappear from friends' radar so entirely to the extent that they will have absolutely no news on what I am up to :P

3. I seem to have the strange inclination towards giving advice. Maybe that's because I'm the eldest in the family? Even my mum asks me for advice and asks me to give advice to her friends and her friends' children.

4. Though I don't seem to, but sometimes I do feel that I REALLY need guidance. Probably that is because of a universal fear of uncertainty? I don't know :P

5. I feel that actually I do not have a strong stand on any issue. I tend to make things complicated for myself by looking at it from too many angles, understanding every argument and then don't know which one to pick because everyone seems to make sense.

6. If you ever realise, I do not like to make decisions for anyone. Though I do give advice, but I will always end with 'most importantly, do what you think is right' or 'this is what I'll do if I am in your situation, it might or might not work, but this is what I'll do'. Oh well.

Haha ok, here is my policy: If you have a blog, and if you want to be tagged by me, go ahead and write 6 weird facts about yourself. You don't have to if you don't feel comfortable doing so... :)