Thursday, March 01, 2007

Before A-level results.

Just came back from nice and shiok Indian food, thanks to a graduated senior who came back to visit :) Tomorrow should have even more shiok food from the Singapore Embassy in DC :D

A-level results will be out on Friday, and sister is in 'cannot sleep' mode. Every time I call back I will hear something along the lines of 'wah very stressed lor' or 'aiyoh don't say anymore can or not' (esp when I am, as usual, evil-ly trying to predict her results, and she knows most of the time I am correct. My prediction this round is pretty scary for her :P). Anyways, I promised I will give her a treat (not as if I have not treated her enough) if she gets at least a BBB, and the treat will rise in standard if the results turn out to be better. Hence, if she gets a BBB, at most what she will get is Fengshan blk 85 bak chor mee + or luah + sambal stingray + peanut tang yuan (hey like that at least $10 already) or chomp chomp food centre hokkien mee (less in value because must drive there). Well, if she ever gets AAA A1, then she got better results than me right, so should be the other way round what :P

Well, 3 years ago when I was waiting for my A-level results, I feel almost no apprehension at all because I was in BMT. Apparently I was more afraid of screwing up the assembly/disassembly test for that stupid M16S1 than the all important A-levels. So far nothing can be more demoralising than those 3 months; luckily I got a vocation posting that I enjoyed (eh, and in the end ended up training people to do things 100x more complicated than the stupid M16S1). I still remember, when I first stepped into the school that day, Mrs. Foo came and shook my hand and said 'you did very well'. Hmms, decent enough to give me what I have now, and that is good enough :)