Wednesday, January 03, 2007

On Companion: 28/12/2006.

I have written stuff along the way; I will post them one by one.

Friends are good travelling companions, I have had excellent moments with my friends who have travelled with me before. However, if I were to choose my most preferred travelling companion, my sister would rank top. Reasons:

1. She knows my habits best. And I know hers best.
2. Absolutely no necessity to bother about image.
3. No need to care whether what I did will cause her disturbance or trouble.
4. I know what she likes to do. And she knows what I like.
5. I screw her, she screws me back, and we'll be fine 5 minutes after.
6. Can do all sorts of funny stupid things with her. Often this is not possible with friends (they tend to be too decent, or I tend to be too decent when with them).
7. She trusts me. Even when she doesn't, I have no problem making her shut up by blatantly proving to her that I am right.
8. She cooperates. Even if she couldn't wake up, it is easy to make her wake up. No need to maintain civility.
9. We seem to never run out of interesting things to talk about.
10. We speak the same language. Come on, we have lived together for 19 years.

And some things I realised about myself:

1. I am AUTHORITATIVE. When I give an instruction I expect it to be followed. If you screw up my plan I tend to be rather pissed even if I don't show it.
2. In times I appear indecisive because I want to be democratic. But I really hate that.
3. I am usually not confident that my decisions will be well accepted, and I feel really bad if my decision does not suit the group (that is why I try to be democratic), although I might prefer to take charge.
4. Hence, if someone else gives a suggestion which I don't oppose, I will follow. Well, if the group does not like the decision, it is not me... :P
5. I work really quick when I am with someone. Not when I am by myself though...
6. When I don't want to talk, I will look really stoned, and respond by keep repeating the last word you said. Get the hint and leave me alone.
7. Most importantly, I really hate people making me expect something non-existing, such as giving me false hope by telling me 'I can't make it' only at the last minute, etc. That is an absolute waste of my time and resources; I could have used that evening to do something more fruitful like cracking Mario Forever Level 8.2, or use those brainpower wasted in guesswork to understand how telomeres can lengthen without using telomerase in some immortal cell lines. So, tell me straight in the face that you can't make it right at the beginning. (Borrowing term from Dr. Kuo) That is basic courtesy...

(Hence I don't understand why do people still keep telling me that I am nice??)