Friday, February 20, 2009

Food.

Haven't been eating properly for quite some time...

Yesterday evening's dinner was the most proper already. Roasted chicken, fried veggie, rice.

This morning's brunch was instant noodles with luncheon meat and fried egg.

(Oh how should I forget - cooked some laksa some time ago and ate it for 2 days.)

Then dinner was Subway (again).

Though I have started to try liking Subway again. After my freshman year I basically stopped eating subway cos I became so sick of it.

(Trust me. They NEVER look like that. And even if they do look like this, do they look appetising to you?)

But now it is emerging (again) as the cheapest decent lunch/dinner option when I have no time to cook - because they started the $5.00 foot-long sub promotion again. There is cheaper food - $3.18 for 3 double cheeseburgers can fill me too, and I do eat that sometimes - but that is nonsensical food. Toilet paper soaked in soy sauce could have contained more nutrients.

So have eaten it three times since, each with a different method. So far, chicken teriyaki with honey mastard and lettuce and tomatoes and black olives works alright (it is cos of the black olives), buffalo chicken with mayonnaise and black pepper and lettuce and tomotoes and black olives works well (it is cos of the chilli), and chicken and bacon ranch with mayonnaise and black pepper and lettuce and tomatoes and onion and green pepper works fine too (it's cos of the bacon and black pepper and onions). And parmelone cheese works the best so far, followed by American. Swiss cheese tastes like NOTHING.

I am still rather apprenhesive of the cold cut versions. For now I will stick to those with tonnes of chicken in them, and I will get them toasted. If I have to eat those roast beef, turkey breast, seafood sensation and what not - I definitely will have to add chilli to that thing. I have since grown to be afraid of turkey breast + honey mastard without black pepper or hot pepper - that is how grass tastes like. And MEATBALL SUBS ARE ALWAYS DISGUSTING, no matter what you do to it.

LOL it seems like I am going back to my freshman year state - which I have grown to be afraid of as well. Hopkins people know what I am talking about. Let's just keep it at Subway...

Labels: