Monday, February 09, 2009

Happy!

I have reasons to feel happy. Not that spectacular things are happening to me, but really nice things have been happening to people around me. I am truly thankful!
______________________________________________

Looking at air tickets. I would probably fly together with Weizhuang for at least one of the legs (IAD -> NRT -> SIN). I have decided I will not fly SQ anymore, unless they are insanely cheap... Firstly, I am already used to the service airlines in America give; I have developed the ability to read the articles and play with the games in the in flight magazine for an hour, read my book for a couple of hours, watch a movie if it is good, eat and get wine from the air stewardess, and then sleep for a couple of hours thanks to the wine - and 13 hours will pass and I will be in Tokyo. Tokyo to Singapore, haha it is nothing.

Secondly, although SQ is almost always more expensive than other airlines even when discounted, they don't give miles. If I fly UA, although the price can only be 60% of what SQ's is, they will still give me miles - Krisflyer some more.

Thirdly, many airlines are already having comparable (or even better) service compared to SQ, and they are cheaper. Cathay Pacific is one example - the HKG -> JFK flight I had was honestly one of my best flight experiences. According to people who have flown Korean Air and ANA before, their service is comparable to SQ too. Virgin Atlantic as well, but unfortunately their food falls below the mark. I kind of like BA too, have had 3 flights with them and they all have been on time and good.

So - weighing price, miles and service, there is no reason for me to seek SQ anymore (patriotism? well, we Singaporeans are known to be pragmatic you know...). I still remember when I was a freshman - that I thought I should try my best to fly SQ. After wasting a lot of miles and a couple of hundred dollars - well, experience is experience!

Labels: