Friday, January 30, 2009

Woww.

Fatal Attraction: Death of an A*Star Scholar

I didn't even know this until Grace told me today. I probably should add The New Paper and Today to my daily reads... I don't do that because it gets boring seeing the same news again and again (after Zaobao and Google News), but it seems like Zaobao NEVER publishes this kind of thing.

Probably STOMP too - just for entertainment. I used to read it in the UK whenever I was waiting for something to finish incubating.

BUT the freaking problem is -

WHY ISN'T A*STAR TELLING US?

AND WE HAVE TO FIND IT OUT OURSELVES? Through FRIENDS?

If this guy is a Hopkins student, WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS, IN AN EMAIL SENT BY PRESIDENT BRODY.

A*STAR doesn't tell us (at least me) much. In order to find out what is going on with Singapore's biomedical industry I either go find the press releases myself, or yc who is from EDB will tell me. He knows these things better than me. Or Zaobao might tell me (not often).

A*STAR people reading this - what do you think about this? How well do you know A*STAR or the BMS in Singapore in general? If someone asks me to give them information, honestly, there is very little that I can tell them.

Shouldn't we care? I will start caring. Let me see how much I can find out.

Value add a bit:

How to mend a broken heart

Labels: