Sunday, February 17, 2008

I was...

... listening to my Mama Mia! soundtrack and it ran to the last song: ABBA's (of course)'I Have A Dream'.

I love this song - and my experience with it has always been surreal.

It made an impression when I was on a train in Scotland. I was heading back to England after 2 days of hiking and beautiful scenery - and the train was passing through miles after miles of deserted moorland when I was playing the same soundtrack on my iPod.

I was charmed by what I have discovered in Scotland - and it was also the time when I started to understand how important beliefs and fantasies are to us.

So it made an impact, with the angels and 'something good in everything I see'. Yup, no matter what happens it is always a blessing somehow.

I found the song in the KrisWorld system on my flight back to Singapore from Frankfurt. So I just kept looping it when I didn't feel like watching any movie.

And today I was listening to it alone again - I was at my workstation in my lab (hardly anyone is around) working on my AIDS homework while waiting for my slides to finish incubating. Suddenly it felt like I was back on that train in Scotland again - journeying and journeying alone, towards goodness knows what.

Not a very healthy feeling - but who can journey together with me? People around me can help me but certainly not travel with me or even for me.

I used to fill up gaps in my life using work - to a very large extent I still do, except now I have this blog and a bit of beliefs and fantasies here and there. Though for how long do I have to continue doing so?

Oh well.

Labels: