Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Complicated.

I have finally confirmed my air ticket back home!

26/05/07, 1652 BWI - 27/05/07, 1500 LHR (DL/SQ/BA)
21/06/07, 1645 LHR - 22/06/07, 1620 SIN (BA/SQ)
02/09/07, 2350 SIN - 03/09/07, 1645 BWI (SQ/AA)

I have also actually come up with a rough travel plan for my stay in the UK. Now it is time to make arrangements with friends :P

I am continuing to drill on the organ transplantation issue in my paper for The Triple Helix. Broke a record by reading 6 journal articles (rather short though :P), coming out with an essay plan and an abstract/summary within 2 nights. I am taking a more liberal position now though; however, despite I am clearly not against compensating donors in some way, I am still taking the position that the commodification of human organs is unacceptable. Anyway, this is considered part of the liberals' agenda too I guess? Human rights, human dignity and equal opportunity?

I realised a completely rational approach to problems often doesn't work. It will make us indifferent. Well, if we were to be good biomedical researchers and doctors, we cannot be indifferent right, can we? But the nature of our job needs us to be rational... so how to stay rational and still care for individuals, society, and humanity?

This world is just too complicated. Can someone please simplify it for me?

Labels: ,