Friday, February 09, 2007

Work, work and more work.

I don't really use my iPod outside except when I am on planes or trains mainly because I don't fancy having to take out and keep it all the time. And it freaks me out when I can't see/hear things happening around me :P Though NY is even more paranoid...

YahooNews: New York may ban iPods while crossing street

Was telling Vera, there is so much work that, once I switched on my computer, I have absolutely no will to do anything constructive.

Just declined the ski trip to save myself from inevitable demise. And since no one I know seems to be interested in the CNY dinner, so I guess I have to do something so that my life won't just be school, lab, work, and computer :(

Yup and will be attending Singapore Embassy's annual CNY dinner 1 March. Something to look forward to! :)

I was pretty surprised that I can understand perfectly the papers I was supposed to read and the project (more or less) my post-doc is doing. Tried my hands with the mice that we would be working on today... Basically getting embryos from pregnant female mice and trimming tissues that we need from there. My post-doc says that I would be doing it pretty often when I start on my project eventually. Guess it will become something like setting IV plug soon?

Yeah and it snowed pretty much Tuesday night, so finally got to take some pictures of Hopkins in winter. I only got to take them at around 11am Wed, because I was rushing to class in the morning, and the snow was already 30% gone by then. Well, good enough :P check them out in my photo journal...