Thursday, September 21, 2006

In Study Mode...

For the whole of this week have been studying whenever I was free, except yesterday afternoon when I had a little nap after class :) well, organic chemistry lab requires quite a bit of concentration, you know...

And writing has been taking up much of my life! Just spent 3 hours reading the court cases (again) and writing a not-even-one-page-long analysis of a small paragraph inside one of the cases. Just to choose the paragraph to talk about already took up a lot of time. It forced me to really think hard, though I guess much oil is still required to lubricate my rusty brain. In class today, the professor taught us the structure of a thesis, which resembled a scientific paper a lot. Probably a law thesis doesn't differ much from a scientific one? And eventually I have to submit 4 of that for the whole semester... The first one would be due 2 Oct...

Hopefully what I have written makes sense to the professor though :P

Biochem is another one. Just a lab report can take up 2 hours of my life (it is just the nature of it...). And they have just taught us cooperativity and the way to quantify it, using Hb and Mb as examples. Well, Hill Equation and all that stuff, and the oxygen dissociation curves again... Just that I cannot agree with one of the Mb plots the lecturer showed us, and that caused me to spend another hour online doing research...

Haha though I still consider myself quite lucky when I saw those plateaus, hills and mountains that Yiran and Yichung has to integrate. That might just have killed me :P

On Sunday I went over to Teck Chuan's place to have dinner. A 'family' dinner! I contributed a plate of fried eggs with onion/tomato/ham (I don't dare to call that an 'omelette') and Lynn contributed Bak Kut Teh. It feels so nice to be sitting around a table again eating like I was at home :) and rice from a bowl! Haha I am still surviving on bread/spaghetti/noodles/cereal/cookies. No change in status.

Tomorrow the SSA will be playing in an intramural soccer match. I will be there to support and play if necessary :)