Tuesday, October 31, 2006

One bad one not so.

1.
Biochem exam just killed me. I made a grave error by not comparing my textbook to the notes: The examples used in the 6th edition are so different from the 5th's!

So, I have to either GUESS or DEDUCE (thank goodness for this thing called general principles)those parts which are ALIEN (yes, ALIEN) to me. And well, they have to ask for the structure of RIBOSE when the only thing I can do is to recall from the structure of DNA and DEDUCE the Fischer projection from the Haworth.

I already know that I guessed/deduced some wrong and some right. Luckily my first test sufficiently buffers this. Next test I'm going to destroy Yiran's book by extensively photocopying it.

2.
A*STAR And UK Medical Research Council Partnership Opens Up New Research Opportunities For A*STAR Scholars
30, Oct 2006

6. NSS (BS) scholars will have the opportunity to do one of their summer attachments at reputable MRC laboratories. In addition, NSS (PhD) scholars who are admitted to top UK universities will be offered PhD training in the MRC-funded centres or units at these universities. Overall, the partnership with MRC enables A*STAR to nurture its scholars even further and ensure that they are well-trained to be future research talents for Singapore.

Well, excellent news :D