Friday, September 08, 2006

First Day of Classes.

Just came back from a debating demonstration by the debating council... basically was quite grossed out by their cultural insensitivity while the speakers presented their arguments. Though they were indeed quite charismatic but there were quite a few inaccuracies in their arguments. Well, I don't intend to join anyway...

My first organic chem class was cancelled, so ended up with only a biochem class today. We were asked to MEMORIZE the structures of all 20 amino acids by the professor. Well, back to mugging mode...

And I think I should thank the Biology Department of Hwa Chong Junior College dearly cos they really trained us well for University. The professor mentioned about 'implications behind textbook knowledge' and I thought that was what we had been doing during our block tests set by Mrs Foo and her troop of teachers? 'Memorizing everything doesn't mean you will do well.' Ha. In Hwa Chong if you only memorize you will fail.

More photos!



Look what I have? All these bought in Baltimore...


Hmm I'm actually quite proud of this. Let me see what else I can come out with.