Sunday, June 14, 2009

Packing Stage 2.

I spent the whole day sorting out stuff in my room today - what to pack home and what to throw, give out and sell. Basically I can afford to fill up 3 bags and that is it.

Dug out some stuff that I still kept with me -



This is a poster that each of us made on the last day of OBS - basically, you write stuff on it and let others write on it too.

I digitised it and ditched it - I can't possibly keep everything can I.



This is the first pair of boarding passes that brought me to the USA. I have no idea why I still have them - I thought I started collecting boarding passes only when I got my new passport wallet. Anyway they are staying happily with their friends now...

What interesting change. I used to think - SQ is a must for long-haul. Now - that is just stupidity... Unless SQ has a competitive price and gives me miles, I will not buy their tickets. I have learnt to realise that paying less money and collecting those miles so that I can go for more trips more cheaply is a way better idea compared to paying for more and get no miles for 3 better meals (you probably don't know what you are eating anyway). I don't get more legroom; and for entertainment system - CX, VS, NH, KE - even DL - has comparable systems...

I definitely changed also in terms of what I am concerned about. The reflection that I wrote on another piece of OBS material after the whole thing has something like 'I know it will be hard for me to find a partner...' Now - since I have already left it to God, what is there for me to worry about? That doesn't occupy my life that much anymore - there are more interesting things to focus on...

But I do still kaypoh about other people's lives. Heh.

Ah. I still feel kind of regretful about the kind of crap life I have when I was a freshman. I don't even want to classify that as 'memories' because it is not pleasant. Too many 'I should have done this and not this...' kind of stuff. Well, it is not too late to realise that is truly not what I want...

Labels: