Monday, May 11, 2009

Last week -

I should blog a little bit about my life...

Although it is exam period, I am going out more often than non-exam period.

Honestly, I do not care much about exams already. I only study when I want to, and I don't feel any sense of urgency at all. Well, the only things that stand between me and my diploma are TWO exams. TWO.

In 20 minutes I will be going out for some free awesome Chinese dinner in a new awesome Chinese dimsum restaurant that opened about two months ago. And 2 hours ago I just came back from lunch at Jong Kak.

Well - this is my graduation week! Nothing is going to stop me from having fun. I am not going to see some of my friends regularly ever again - who can stop me from hanging out with them?

Work-wise, I should be able to write up my results for publication soon. I should also be presenting in June - that would be an awesome chance for me to consolidate my data, and set out my paper's layout.

I am also reading up some bits of my next PI's work on myostatin, sarcopenia and cachexia. I have a friend here who is interested in the topic as well, and she is considering that possibility as her PhD thesis project under pathobiology. I know there is a non-pathology Hopkins lab (I think those people should be from cell biology or molecular genetics) working on that - I will first ask my next PI about that first - and let's see what opportunities can there be.

And I hope that I will be working on something that will link me to doctors! I want to find out how pathology in Singapore is like, and I want to know what Singapore already has in terms of physician - scientist collaborations.

Okay time to go. By the way, very inspired by these people from Hong Kong - these are the crazy hikers (I don't think you can even call them hikers). Check out their photos! HK has everything - and is beautiful!

http://www.wildtrekking.net/content.htm

Labels: