Sunday, April 27, 2008

France!

It is 11:42pm, I am waiting for my transfer to be finished so that I can start the blocking and go home... thus I am using my lab's computer to do some travel planning :)

We have decided to go to Marseille, Provence and Avignon (lovely lavender fields, sunflower fields and the Mediterranean!) after my internship is over! Now we have a problem: air ticket.

It is either insanely early or insanely expensive. The ideal option would be to fly Ryanair down from Stansted on 9 Aug, and then fly the morning BA flight back to Gatwick on 14 Aug, in order for us to be on time for our evening flight to HK from Heathrow. The BA flight is fine - 60 Euros, but the RyanAir one costs like 50 pounds before tax!

The cheapest option (US$245 - still not cheap :( ) would be to fly BA from Gatwick to Marseille and then back to Gatwick. But the first flight departs at 6:05am! We will definitely have to sleep at the airport for that night! That would be ideal from the travelling point of view though, because we will get the most travelling time. Maybe I should just book that so that sushi can really get the taste of what it meant by 'backpacking'.

And still having problems with accommodation in Cambridge - no landlord has given us a definite positive reply yet :( Hopefully this will resolve soon...

Labels: