Monday, April 28, 2008

More travelling.

I will have an exciting summer ahead - it is just that I will be spending a lot of money. Really.

My passport holder is teeming with ticket-printouts. 6 air tickets, 1 accommodation confirmation and 1 National Express ticket.

The air tickets include:
1. SW: IAD - MDW - SLC / SLC - STL - BWI
2. VS: IAD - LHR
3. BA: LGW - MRS / MRS - LGW
4. NZ: LHR - HKG
5. 3K: HKG - SIN
6. CX: SIN - HKG - JFK

6 different airlines, 3 different award programmes, 11 different airports :P

I don't know whether my BA ticket to Marseille is cheap - I don't want to take chances because my travel dates are in the midst of the peakest peak season. So it is 120 pounds for each of us, return - definitely cheaper than Ryanair because we won't have to pay baggage surcharges on BA. It is just that I don't know if Ryanair would come out with some insane 1p tickets in the middle of June! Though I am pretty sure by then BA's ticket would become 250 pounds :P

Haha and I decided that, even though Kenneth might not be able to meet me, I will still go to Victoria to take the bus up to Cambridge. The direct service from Heathrow CBS to Cambridge costs 26 pounds, while the tube costs 2.00 pounds to get to Victoria and the bus costs 1 pound. It makes a whole load of sense to me to save that $45 - that is even more money than getting to New York and back :P

Though just hope that VS doesn't delay! My flight should arrive at 7:05am, and I got a ticket for 11:30am - if I still can't make it on time, Heathrow would just simply be completely hopeless...

Labels: