Monday, November 12, 2007

Nice Things.

Haha Shireen says that I am addicted to lab. I have to agree :P

Spent 2 afternoons, 1 evening and 2 full days downtown last week. Ascertained that my control works (and one of the antibodies didn't), and determined for sure that either my primary or my secondary doesn't work at all for Western blot (most probably secondary, cos it was some weird antibody of unknown origin).

Haha one good picture that I took, and one not-so-good:

Mouse Urogenital Sinus, Organ Culture, 6 Days.

Mouse, hmms, Cerebellum. Dotted with crystal artifacts... That's my bad. I was in too much of a hurry and didn't fix the brain long enough :P

Oh nicer stuff.

I love this place's sushi! Sushi Hana in Towson. Every time, without fail, I will leave that place completely bloated... Their sushi platter can fill 2 guys to the brim. We got two of that, and in addition we ordered 2 plates of tempura and another plate of beef teriyaki (it came as a piece of steak) for all 6 of us.


These two pictures are taken when we're 75% done... and note, these two plates combined = 1 platter. We basically had 4 of them.

And saw this in Trader Joe's:

After he saw this Liu Yun went, 'There is a reason why everything else is in clear plastic bags but these two are not.' Hahaha and I was really amused by how they described the dried rambutan on the packaging (something to do with the 'Japanese 5th element of taste' - rambutan?!). No one bought anything in the end.

Labels: