Tuesday, May 29, 2007

London.

London has been rainy! Most probably it's going to rain throughout my stay here... and both Shireen and Ce Xiang are saying that Cambridge and Cardiff are raining too. Not good.

Haha Kenneth is mugging really hard! I am staying in his friend's place now, and I get the whole room to myself because he goes over to stay with his girlfriend during the night.

I have been walking quite a bit (as usual haha). Visited Imperial College, Hyde Park, National Gallery, and the various roads you see on the standard Monopoly game board. Have been surviving on doughnuts/sandwiches/pastry/salad from Tesco and Sainsbury's. Oh and I realised that the Marks and Spencer here sells fresh food (Shireen says that some even have money changers!), and there is American ice-cream everywhere (Ben and Jerry's and Haagen Dazs).

Sidenote: Ben and Jerry's is very nice and they have a huge variety of ice-cream flavours. Next year I'll spend quite a bit of my dining dollars on that (have to spend them anyway) :P

Oh well. Wanted to watch Evita but they ended the Saturday before I came. I will try to grab Mama Mia! or Chicago tomorrow... Phantom and Les Miserables are too expensive if I want a full-view seat, and I don't want to pay $31 for a restricted view with a quarter of the stage gone :P

Haha hopefully I get to watch at least one show here... if not will have to go back to New York some time (well at least GCS will be somewhere near, so got companion :P JHU people will be too busy to go to New York for a weekend just to watch a musical I suppose)...

Labels: