Tuesday, May 22, 2007

After New York.

New York was fun! Brought the group to Chinatown, Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero, and Wall Street. Ate wanton mee, pork congee, xiao long bao + shanghainese dim sum and excellent ice-cream. Though we went to the egg tart place too late... wanted to bring some back to Baltimore for breakfast actually. Haha though I still managed to bring back 3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts :)

Ka Yi asked me how many times I had been to Brooklyn Bridge when we were there. Haha 3 times... went there with different people everytime I was in New York :P

Anyway that is one of the nicer places there. Another nice place is the esplanade park facing Jersey and the Statue of Liberty; it is one of the very few places in New York whereby you don't see a crowd. I spent quite a while stoning there when I was in New York over the Christmas holiday...

Time to sum up my trips for the past 9 months!

Washington, DC: 5x.
16/10/06: Fall break, with Lynn.
22/11/06: Before Thanksgiving, with the Brown people, Bilin and Wen Yu.
12/12/06: During Finals, with GCS.
01/03/07: CNY dinner, Singapore Embassy, with SSA.
22/04/07: Before Finals, with dad.

New York City: 3x.
25/12/06 - 01/01/07: Christmas, with Ching Hua and Ding Ding.
10/03/07: Before Spring Break: with Victoria and Alex.
20/05/07: Before Summer: with Songyu, Ka Yi, etc.

Chicago, IL: 2x.
23/11/06 - 26/11/06: Thanksgiving.
23/02/07 - 25/02/07: Citylights.

Boston, MA: 1x.
19/12/06 - 21/12/06: Christmas.

Toronto, ON: 1x.
12/05/07 - 15/05/07: After Finals, with Hopkins people.

Other places:
Camden, NH: 22/12/06 - 25/12/06: Skiing.
Niagara Falls: 11/05/07 - 12/05/07: After Finals, with Hopkins people.
Buffalo, NY: Transit.

Hmms I have gone to the National Archives 3 times, the White House/Capitol, etc 4 times, Brooklyn Bridge 3 times, needless to say Fell's Point, Inner Habour, etc...

Haha Ka Yi also asked me whether I feel bored. Everytime my company would be different... how to feel bored? :P And because of all these I have accumulated enough flights for Southwest to give me a free two-way ticket within the continental United States. I will use it to go to California next spring :D

Though have not really explored Baltimore enough... I am thinking of organising an exploration trip early next semester. Places to be visited will include: Mount Vernon (Baltimore Bascilica, Enoch Pratt Library), Lexington Market (Crab Cake!), Fort MacHenry, Baltimore Street (from Arena to President), and finally dinner at Eastern Fell's Point. Of course, no taxis allowed: only buses, Metro and light rail will be taken :) This city can really be filled with surprises!

There are more exciting places in Baltimore. Haha I will make sure that I know most places by the time I graduate.

Yeah of course, I don't just play... I work hard too :D Had very nice results this semester!

Labels: