Monday, May 07, 2007

After Exams...

Yeah I have work to do actually... though I just don't feel like doing anything constructive. After exams is the time for randomness and not anything structured!

So what I did yesterday:
1. Spent one whole day in front of the computer planning my trip, printing maps and reading wikitravel/wikipedia.
2. Went out twice: once to pick up a book I ordered, and once to collect money for the SSA T-shirts that we gave out yesterday.

That's about it.

So for today so far:

Figured out how to fry 锅贴 using frozen 水饺. I realised that the brand of 水饺 I have been eating tastes excellent when I fry them... I have been eating boiled 水饺 over the final papers/finals period because that is kind of the most palatable form of instant food available in the United States (hmms, before that I have been eating Chunky + pre-cooked marcoroni :( ). I didn't realise I can fry them until today when I bothered to read the cooking instructions carefully :P

If (yeah IF) I have time in the next semester I will buy the skin and start making them from (close to) first principle. Problem is, hard to find fresh leek here... might need to find some form of substitute.

Also figured out how nice is coffee + Irish Cream. I have quite a bit of leftover from tiramisu last week... got to drink them up somehow :P Haha next step will be milo + Irish Cream. Maybe I should get some Amaretto when I get back to Singapore, mix it with coffee and make almond-favoured tiramisu :D

Though I seriously need to get rid of those leftover Mascarpone! No idea how to incorporate that into cooking... the Internet recipes I remember seeing require me to buy a lot more random stuff which I will have to get rid of in the end... anyone has any idea?! Spread it on bread maybe? :P

Labels: