Saturday, January 27, 2007

Anatomy.

A few days ago:

Yiran: I want to take Introduction to Human Skeleton.
Me: ... Why?!
Yiran: It is quite cool and fun what, to know all the bones in the body...
Me: ......
Yiran: Then we can buy a skeleton model and hang it in our apartment.
Me: ........ To freak Yi Chung out right. Get it from Singapore. It should be cheaper there.

Today, during dinner with Dr. Corces:

Ernesto: DO NOT take Human Anatomy, unless it comes with Anatomy Lab. Just the lecture itself is DREADFUL.

After dinner, as we were walking back:

Yiran: Why shouldn't we take Human Anatomy? It is quite cool what...
Me: ...... I guess I should just stick to Molecular Biology and pray hard that it will still be offered Junior year Fall.
Yiran: Why? It is quite cool to learn about all those names and functions what...
Me: *Nothing to say* Not as if I am going to do a M.D.?!! If I need the M.D. I will be willing to take it with the Duke thing in Singapore if their faculty is good...

Now:

After I have read this and this, I feel that I should, in fact, encourage Yiran to take anatomy. This is just unbelievably cool. Or at least he will have FUN studying. They even have THIS on the Internet!! :D

Certainly I won't mind reading it for leisure though, like Mun Thye (and his $19.99 Gray's Anatomy from Barnes and Noble). Combined with this and this it's more entertaining than any silly movie.

Post inspired by, hmms, I guess I shall not say. (Ok, not anyone I featured here...)