Thursday, January 11, 2007

Knowledge for the World!

I am always being warned by my A*Star friends regarding the danger of openly expressing any views which might be against A*Star's policies. Or voting against the PAP in the polls. And here I am doing it again.

Though, if you are a student, or junior researcher, will you be more inclined towards what Johns Hopkins advocates? Read what Dr. Brody said:

ST: Tip to Singapore: Change R&D approach
Zaobao: 约翰霍普金斯大学校长: 与新科研合作触礁 乃价值观差异所致

You might be interested in this too: Knowledge for the World Campaign
And we just revamped our webpage! Johns Hopkins University

P.S.: Just as a sideline: I truly believe that Singapore is a free country which honours freedom of speech and the basics of democracy, as long as I do not breach the law. Do I have to 100% agree with every single thing Uncle Yeo says because I am an A*Star scholar? And defend his policies even if I myself do not 100% agree with them? An organisation without a system of check and balance, with the adminstration shunning opinions which are different, is destined to become the old-NKF. We are not so stupid.

(Immune to 不可以这样写 since Sec. 3...)

Labels: