Saturday, September 02, 2006

A really slack day.

Our third day was really uneventful: got some textbooks and a map of Baltimore from the University bookstore (which hid so well inside Gilman Hall that we walked the whole building inside out before we could find it), and after that I spent the whole afternoon reading about Thermodynamics (you can see how free I was.).

At 4pm all the International students who has arrived met at the International Office for a picnic and informal gathering session. It was quite fun talking to them, met some one from Barhain, France, Indonesia, Taiwan, India, all over. They had quite some food but strangely nobody was eating, everyone was just talking :) according to the people I met, they didn't know that there would be food so they ate heavy lunches which rendered them incapable to eat further...

We sat in a really big circle, introduced ourselves, played some ice-breaker, followed by a sharing session by some seniors (one was from Singapore (I've never knew she existed), one from Malaysia and one from Korea). The guy and the girl beside me introduced themselves to be from HK, but they were all the time conversing among themselves in English with an American accent which caused me to think that they were actually immigrants to US or Canada like me to Singapore. Didn't get to ascertain as I did not get to talk to them at all (they seemed to not to be talking to anyone else except each other anyway...)