Sunday, September 03, 2006

Another Slack Day.

Basically today is another day with nothing much to do: In the morning, I met Yichung and Yiran to collect our J-Cards (Student ID) and to correct our names on our J-Cards (cos they are not used to double First names, so I became 'Hiu Lau' which is ridiculous). They were quite amazing: in less than a minute they were able to produce a new card for me from the J-Card machine.

We were determined to try the school's meal (nope, no more fried rice for Yiran) at the school cafeteria so we went. It was insanely expensive ($9.20 per person?!) but it was completely buffet style, with a wide choice of different food complete with salad, soup, drinks and fruits (imagine buffet in a hotel, nope not A*Star's). The food was pretty alright (guess because it's the first time for us? I guess it would be different after 1 month). And they serve watermelon and bananas as fruits (dad are you happy now?!)!

Well spent the whole of my afternoon slacking in my room until 4:45pm after going to the bank with Yichung (to his horror, it was closed, and he was like telling the lady in front: "But my ATM card is not working and I have no money..." Luckily for him, it would be open on Sunday). There was a security meeting after that, was seated right at the back and couldn't hear anything properly, but we still managed to get the emergency number and the number for the security van which could be an alternative to cabs when necessary.

Cooked my own dinner, though without fresh food in my room you can imagine what that was. The night was nice, went with Yiran to the Art Museum (It's just opposite my apartment by the way) to listen to a concert put up by JHU's Jazz Band and 2 of their A-cappella groups. Their standard was pretty high, esp the Jazz Band; just that I don't understand why the Saxophonist did not do vibrato when it is appropriate to. Probably he didn't know how to? :)

Slept before 9pm: didn't know why I was so tired, probably because I slept too late the night before. Anyway, luckily I did not have the RA (Resident Advisor) meeting that Yiran and Yichung had, cos I stayed with the upperclassmen...

More photos:

Gilman Hall

Garland Hall: Where all our mails are addressed to!

At the lobby of Wolman Hall

Hmm. Self Explanatory.

This is Homewood Apartment: where I am staying