Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sick and cold...

This is probably the worst time to fall sick, and here I am, sick.

Started yesterday - extreme runny nose, weak and feverish, and got a cough too this morning. I know most probably what it is - some viral infection which doctors are useless at, but I went to the wellness centre anyway. As I expected, not very helpful.

So have been eating vitamin C and drinking herbal tea and honey with lemon and warm soy milk and sleeping a lot - but still have to go to work though. Other than that I minimised all other human contact, and substituted MCAT with sleep. And I tried to go home as early as I can.

Making matters worse, this is probably the coldest winter I have ever got over here. It is -3 degC now, not too bad still - tomorrow low is at -11 degC, Friday it is projected to have a wind chill of -18 degC. Wisconsin is at -16 degC now I think.

I don't like wearing a lot; usually 3 layers (with big jacket) is enough for me at 0 degC. For tomorrow and Friday, I guess I wouldn't have a choice but to wear more + beanie and scarf and gloves...

Labels: