Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to work...

Us and guide at Ipsaycocha Pass, 4600m
Ollantaytambo - Rio Urubamba valley

I am getting lazier and lazier in terms of replying to emails and writing this blog...

Anyway, I am back from Peru - photos to follow on Facebook and Picasa. To summarise: the country feels much like Malaysia, the hike was pretty tiring (and freezing cold), the drivers there are crazy, and I probably have learnt more about the Incas in that one week compared to the whole of my life. Which I suppose is a good thing.

And I got this tan on me now because of the high altitude sun and the brisk + crisp mountain breeze (or gust?). Needless to say, nature has always been as amazing as ever.

(How can someone not like nature? That is something that God made first-hand, the ultimate piece of art - mountains, rivers and streams, the sea, the sun, the night sky, beautiful flowers always make me feel happy. Things in the art gallery are basically just reproductions of those, and nature is something that no skilled artist can reproduce - you have to see it for yourself to believe its beauty!)

So now I am back, doing work in lab and studying for MCAT. Not exactly something that is very fun. I am planning to use this blog to practise writing, so expect to see some half-an-hour essays of bad quality (hopefully will improve in due course) here for the next 3 weeks...

Sunrise in Baltimore City

Labels: