Thursday, September 11, 2008

On Blogs and Friends - and my new home!

By order of CHM, I need to post some pictures of my new room.

So -




This year I no longer live in university housing - I saved at least $430 a month on rent just for that. But because nothing is provided for, we spent a solid week moving and buying stuff and setting up things - in fact, the setting up part has begun even before I went back (I was calling BGE and T-Mobile, yc was calling the ISP...). We were finally done - and the photos showed the results (we set up the folding door, the lights, the curtain by ourselves; transported back home 2 mattresses + 1 spring board tied to the top of my car, went to Walmart/Bed, Bath and Beyond/Home Depot in 2 consecutive days with my car filled to the brim...).

And I fulfilled my environment-friendly agenda - I got myself one clothes rack and a laundry rack so I won't need to use the dryers, all my bulbs are 10 - 15W energy saving bulbs, and both me and Yiran got ourselves fans - no more air-con needed! But hmms I can't avoid using the radiator when winter comes though...

Next.
________________________________________________
I would probably have an easier life writing a blog that simply reiterates what I have done for the past couple of days... At least, if I do that, I will definitely not make friends who read this space upset and decide not to be 'as close friends with me as before'.

But - what is the point of writing a blog that consists of just that kind of stuff? A blog is like a dairy, something that allows me to complain, to reflect, to express my views - of course, because my blog is a public space I have to exercise discretion; and an added advantage would be that it allows interaction and the exchange of ideas between my friends and me.

Clashes of ideas always happens - how is it possible for two people to agree with each other all the time? If a person just wants others to agree with him and is not open to other ideas, his life will never move forward. GCS and me have been yelling at each other since years ago, Tk has a completely different way of handling relationships compared to me, PSH has been conveniently using me as a human shield for as long as I can remember - that hasn't affected our friendship.

I love it when I receive comments - it doesn't matter if those are dissenting or agreeing comments. When you comment, it's doesn't only tell me that you have actually read and thought about what I said, but you are also trying to tell me something that you think I need to know. That is awesome - because, by doing that, you are trying to understand me and at the same time, trying to make me understand you.

I will keep my blog this way - it will not only consist of my daily life, but it will also contain what I have read, what I have seen, what I have heard - politics, philosophy, religion, history, current affairs, science, etc etc... Things that I am happy about, things that I am not happy about, things that I am thankful about...

By the way, Natalie said, 'Let just all be balls of glory of God bouncing around campus!' Seriously, only she can think of something like this...

Labels: ,