Friday, July 11, 2008

We are all still inexperienced idiots :P

Hahaha sushi, of course things learnt in school all become different when you enter the hospital... I still remember what kind of an idiot I was when I went for my first cover duty as a medic :P

Remember the marathon and rectal probe story...

(Haha and to explain why we always get screwed, quote my labmate (an honourary clinical fellow in Addenbrooke's): 'I am in a bad mood today ... too bad there isn't a house officer around!')

Experience: same thing for lab :P

Maybe I don't have to be excited at all but today I went to the endoscopy suite and actually saw the patient (saw, not met, no talking involved) who provided the material for my work today :P I made cDNA from a mixture of normal squamous epithelial cells, Barrett's epithelial cells, and gastric cardia epithelial cells donated by him through an endoscopic brush, it is now sitting in the -20 freezer, waiting to be PCRed tomorrow :P

That would be my career, haha I hope... less exciting than doing TKR or making people walk after TKR but hopefully it will be a small step towards something more important!

Labels: ,